Job Title: Date:
Director of Occupational Therapy Doctorate Program & Faculty 9/13/2021
Exempt/Non-exempt: Reports To:
Exempt Division Chair Health Sciences
The University of Saint Mary invites applications for a full-time, 12-month position as the Program Director (PD) in the entry-level Occupational Therapy Doctorate (OTD) program. The PD is specifically responsible for the program’s compliance with ACOTE Standards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management and administration of the program.
- Compliance with all ACOTE standards, including maintenance of accreditation.
- Budgeting and strategic planning.
- Selection of faculty and staff.
- Committed to strategies for professional development.
- Teaching within area of expertise.
- Contributing to the scholarship agenda of the OTD program.
- Engaging in service for the OTD program, University, community, and profession
- Oversight of curriculum design to ensure delivery of the broad scope of occupational therapy practice.
- Advising and/or mentoring students through posted office hours, electronic communications, and other appropriate methods.
- Program planning and evaluation.
- Evaluate faculty annual performance.
- Participate in University service and professional development.
- Willingness to work with other faculty and be supportive of the mission of University of Saint Mary.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Earned doctoral degree in an area of study which compliments the program.
- Must hold a current Kansas license in Occupational Therapy, license in good standing (or be eligible for licensure in Kansas).
- Documented expertise in area of instruction/teaching responsibility.
- Evidence of engagement in scholarly work.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the postbaccalaureate level.
- Experience with developing occupational therapy or occupational therapy assistant programs.